Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Birthday Dinner


An interesting evening to say the least.

So this evening Nick decided to take me out for my birthday dinner. I decided that I wanted liver and onions, my favorite....so we went to the little mesa cafe. We started out with our salads and then we moved on to our main course. Just as I was about to finaly get my wish of wonderful liver and onions a huge explosion and glass starts flying everywhere. It took a moment to maybe wonder if this was an odd daydream or if this was really happening. A mini-van come flying into the resturant into the middle very close to where we were sitting in fact. Nick screamed for some guy to move out of his booth before he got crushed by this crazy van. Smoke fills the whole resturant but the tires are still squealing because the guy still has his foot on the gas. Nick yells for him to stop and put it in park. Then Nick and I went around to the van moving things out of the way and Nick prying open the doors to get these people out before some fire and safely without getting cut by the glass. We got all four people out all unharmed thankfully and left grateful to have such good guardian angels on our side. I do have to wonder since this occerance is not uncommon, when is it time to call it quits on driving in the elderly age and shouldn't there be a law about yearly driving tests at the DMV past a certain age?

Well, we went to JB's and I did get my liver and onions and went home happy alive and with my own real-life hero.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy Cow!!!!! And Happy Birthday sister Laura. I am so glad you are now in the sisterhood. :)