Monday, June 16, 2008

Never too old for fun

I love that all the cousins live close together and can get meet up to play. Even something as simple as a small blow up pool and a slip and slide can be hours of entertainment.
But, the part I love most of all would have to be when Rachel and I get together. It tends to end in tons of laughter and silliness.
Part one, Rachel comes over with the kids and mom for a day of fun in the sun. Part two, Rachel puts on her swimsuit and we discover that we are wearing the same swimsuit, what can I say we have good taste. Not only do we have the same swimsuit but our hair is cut the same and we look like twins from the back. A lot of time we get the "are you sisters" in public.
Then, Rachel convinces me it would be funny for both of us to slip and slide. Let me say I was laughing so hard I think I pulled something. I could only imagine what my neighbors were thinking. But, it was so funny and we all had a good time.
Kennedy was pooped and took a three hour nap. Maybe we should do it more often!

2 comments:

Diane said...

It is always fun to play in the water especially when it is 100+ degrees!! My feelings, as the photographer, was that of jealousy. I only wish my body was able to perform these crazy antics as I could 20+ yrs ago(but I am wise enough to know not to attempt):(

Unknown said...

Yes, that was a fun day!! Thank you Doug & Heather for the use of your yard. Mom thanks for being the photographer!! I tried to get mom to go down the slide. CHICKEN!! I could not imagine living apart from you all or the rest of the family.
I know this is not too smart, but next time we need to do it when the adult boys are around, they would have a blast(and maybe some broken bones).