Sunday, September 21, 2008

Baptized

I don't have any pictures, but I wanted to share something really special with you all. Bryce and I got baptized this morning at Central Christian. It was not a planned thing at all. Everytime I saw someone being baptized I would cry and wished it was me. Well, this morning, after the message about making Jesus #1 Pastor Cal made a baptismal call(I guess that's what you would call it). I had an internal struggle because we were suppossed to go out to brunch after church(since Bryce is leaving to go to Texas for a week) and knew that would not happen since we would be totally submerged. After thinking about the message this morning, about putting Jesus first, I looked at Bryce and said, "I need to put Him first." Bryce said, "me too". What an amazing experience!! Bryce and I got to stand arm in arm and be baptized!!

4 comments:

Heather Evans said...

I wished we could have been there to support you. I cant belive you didnt even take a picture with your phone.

Katie Evans said...

Congratulations you guys. I'm really proud of you wanting to show that kind of committment. I wish we could have been there to support you in that too. Must have been a dang good sermon. We love you guys!

Diane said...

How blessed you are to "feel" the call from our Lord...He will make your life much more joyful just by this new recommitment to Him. I only wish Craig and I could have witnessed your Baptisms.

RussnKelly said...

Russ and I were Baptized together 12 years ago so we know how special that is. May God bless you both and bless your marriage! We love you both very much as our children and also as our brother and sister in Christ!!