Sunday, July 6, 2008

Houston we have contact

The most important thing I have learned being a parent is that every child learns differently and at different times.
I said a lot of "I'll never" before Kennedy was born and have had to eat my hat on more than one occasion.
But, I have found with trial and error comes reward. Today was one of those days.
After a long bought with attempted potty training and no success I all but gave up. I tried all the things people suggested but as I said all children learn different and what works for one may not work for another.
For the past couple days Doug and I have told Kennedy if she went on the big potty we would take her to get pizza and buy her a big girl bed. Finally today she decided to take us serious. She went into the bathroom got on her potty and let go! Holy smokes she did it. She filled that thing up. Doug and I couldn't believe it, finally. Then Doug turns to me and says "I think we are out a couple hundred bucks now." We even thought it was a fluke until an hour later when she decided to go again.
I guess a posting about potty isn't a big deal to you but it was momentous to Doug and I.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Yahoo:)
Sleepovers with Grammy and Poppy will soon be forthcoming??!!
Amazing how in just a days time she decided to be a big girl. Give her a hug and kiss from us for her "huge" accomplishment(no pun intended).

Unknown said...

Yeah Kennedy!!! Imagine that with Kennedy it's all about buying her stuff-typical girl. :) Do we have the new bed yet?

Katie Evans said...

You go miss Kenny. Good job. We're so proud of you. Make sure Mommy & Daddy get you a BIG pizza and the very bestest big girl bed you can find!
Love You,
Aunt Katie