Saturday, July 5, 2008

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to do a little 4th of July post. Yes, I am proud to be an American and live in a free country where I have the right to make my own choices and live as I wish. But, the 4th of July holds another special meaning for me. July 4th is the anniversary of Doug and I's engagement. It has been our tradition every year since to celebrate the 4th watching fireworks put on by Central Christian in Mesa where our original engagement took place. However, sadly this was the first year since our engagement that they chose not to hold this event. I was sad but honestly its always fun to spend time with Doug on the 4th no matter where it is. We laugh about where we were 8 years ago and how far we have come. We have so much to be thankful for and have been blessed beyond measure.
We had a great evening, thanks to Ben and Briana who had us over to their house for a BBQ and fireworks at Brianas parents, who live only a stones throw from Shnepf's Farms where the fireworks for Queen Creek were held this year. It was lots of fun!

1 comment:

Diane said...

You and Doug compliment one another very well. Heather, you are a great part of what you have both accomplished in the past 8 years together.
Craig and I thank you for letting us chill with you Thursday pm...we always enjoy hanging with you.