Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to School for Kate the Great


It's the first day of 5th grade. I'm not sure who's more happy about that Katelyn or me. While it's been a great summer and in many way's I'm sad to see it end, school brings some great changes as well. The first and most important for an only child is the daily getting to hang with your friends. Mom is fun, but hey we all know that friends are a lot more fun!

It seems the older she gets the less fuss I'm allowed to make over the first day of school. The hairdo is casual and it's more important that the clothes be cool than cute. Only because I made her was I even allowed to take a few pictures.


And when we got to the bus stop it was just "so embarrassing". But as you can see from the pictures themselves, I wasn't the only "embarrassing mom" around, so I guess that was good.



I just can't believe that you only have 2 more years in elementary school. Wow has the time flown by. I still remember the first day of preschool and then even the first day of Kindergarten when I chased the school bus both ways. Ah well, memories! Have a great year Kate the Great. Enjoy your year with Mrs. Sanders.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Girls's rule!! Poppy and I love watching you as you mature into such a lovely lady, Katelyn. It is hard for us to believe you are in 5th grade already. We cherish the times you are willing to hang with us:)